Teachers toss and turn throughout the night, wondering how to adapt yet another lesson plan to fit their school district's possible Inclement Weather Decree at 5:00 A.M.
Fret no more, my classroom colleagues because this FEBRUARY FLAIR Acrostic has you covered for the next 28 days- and probably through March- with over four dozen activities, 3 novel unit plans (each one with 10-14 activities plus projects), 2 PowerPoints and even Bulletin Board ideas.
Check out this list of English Language Arts Lessons – FEBRUARY FLAIR Acrostic
* Lesson is FREE. The others are priced.
- February Frenzy – Fabulous Five Packet (Comprehension and Writing https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ComprehensionThinking-Writing-Activities-February-Frenzy-Fabulous-Five-Packet-1090848
- Friday Night Lights Unit Plan ( Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Friday-Night-Lights-Unit-Plan-1558
- Elements of Literature PowerPoint * https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Elements-of-Literature-PowerPoint-95553
- Banish Those Dialogue Demons (Grammar Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Grammar-Banish-Those-Dialogue-Demons-664964
- Bulletin Boards With Brain Brawn (Teacher Resource) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Bulletin-Boards-with-Brain-Brawn-792513
- Banned Books Research Project (Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-Banned-Books-Research-Project-321767
- Review It! (Writing Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-Activity-Review-It-1197160
- Road Trip Time (Comprehension and Writing Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-Writing-Activity-Road-Trip-Time-1256981
- Reviewing Texts Activity – Tying it All Together (Reviewing a Book Lessons) * https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-Reviewing-Texts-Activity-Tying-it-All-Together-975182
- Unconventional Inventions (Writing Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-Thinking-Activity-Unconventional-Inventions-18339
- Animal Farm Unit Plan (Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lessons) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Animal-Farm-Unit-Plan-1616
- Additional Comprehension and Writing Activities- The Crucible (Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lessons) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Crucible-Additional-Comprehension-Writing-Activities-1450756
- Analyzing Front Page Stories (Journalism Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journalism-Analyzing-Front-Page-Stories-1663001
- Reel In Readers With Magnetizing Hooks (Writing Lesson) * https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-All-Types-Activity-Reel-in-Readers-With-Magnetizing-Hooks-623112
- Research Project – Theme Based (Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/WritingResearch-Project-Theme-Based-79279
- You & Me – Mirror Images or Polar Opposites? (Elements of Literature Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-Character-Activity-You-Me-Mirror-Images-or-Polar-Opposites-1263319
- You Are Invited (Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-and-Writing-Activity-You-are-Invited-499158
- You Sent What Cards- A Valentine’s Day Activity ( Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Valentines-Day-Comprehension-Activity-You-Sent-What-Cards-522845
- Fact- Finding Scavenger Hunt (Journalism Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journalism-Fact-Finding-Scavenger-Hunt-REVISED-19349
- Fiction’s Physique Activity (Comprehension and Writing Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-Critical-Thinking-Skills-Activity-Fictions-Physique-1270261
- Literature Task Cards (Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lessons) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-Literature-Task-Cards-1131263
- Lesson Ideas – Journalism Whole Course Year Overview and Lesson Ideas (Journalism Lessons) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journalism-Whole-Course-Year-Overview-and-Lesson-Ideas-45173
- Literature Super Bowl - Score With the Literature Super Bowl (Reviewing a Book Lessons) * https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-Activity-Score-With-the-Literature-Super-Bowl-1058494
- Articles and Layout Rubric & Guidelines (Journalism Lessons) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journalism-Article-Layout-Rubric-Guidelines-83579
- Analyzing Newspaper Leads and Articles Activities (Journalism Lessons) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journalism-Analyzing-Newspaper-Leads-and-Articles-Worksheets-38548
- It’s Time for Cause and Consequence ( Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comprehension-Writing-Activity-Its-Time-for-Cause-and-Consequence-1158319
- Into the Wild Unit Plan ( Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Into-the-Wild-Unit-Plan-1626
- Into the Wild PowerPoint ( Comprehension, Writing and Critical Thinking Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Into-the-Wild-PowerPoint-16724
- Rights and Ethics Scavenger Hunt (Journalism Lesson) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journalism-Rights-and-Ethics-Scavenger-Hunt-38224
To start the month with a bang and not a whimper - thank you for your words T.S. Eliot (The Hollow Men), the February Frenzy - Fabulous Five Packet offers 5 activities but dozens of writing topics!
What is Included?
1. This is What I’m Hungry For! offers students 30 elements of literature discussion and writing topics to coordinate with the text that they are studying.
2. Friend or Foe? For this activity, each student chooses which character in the story he/she would befriend on a social media site as well as the one he/she would ignore.
Writing and Higher Level Thinking Skills
1. In the Then and Now Prewriting Activity, students explore their memory banks to fill in the information to show the person each one was at age six. After that, evaluate the person each one is now.
2. For the Playing With Color Worksheet, students fill in the given categories as specifically as possible for the color marker each one is given.
3. With Brain Bumps:Twenty Writing Suggestions to End Idea Vacuums, students should use these suggestions to bounce their brain into inspiration mode when they are stuck in an idea vacuum.
Teachers, you choose when each of these activities, unit plans and PowerPoints will enhance your lesson content and will develop reading comprehension as well as writing and higher level thinking skills. Use them to encourage students to exhibit their range of thinking skills from knowledge through evaluation, both orally and in writing.
Teach it Write - Build Powerful Academic homes